BMrDVD** player troubleshooting guide for Windows XP:
Pressing the ‘DVD Player’ button nothing happens: Install/Re-install the BrainMaster 3.4 Core. If you have already installed this software, when going through the installation steps, choose the "Repair" option. If this does not work, please see www.brainm.com/kb/entry/46 for more information.
- TODO error: Same Solution. Install/Re-install the BrainMaster 3.4 Core. If you have already installed this software, when going through the installation steps, choose the "Repair" option.
- 2 out of 3 video streams failed to render properly:
Windows XP has NO ability to play DVD’s included with the operating system so you will always be dependent upon using a 3rd party decoder. You can resolve this by doing the following:
- 1 out of 3 audio streams failed to render properly: Resolve this issue by either installing the trial version of WinDVD Platinum 8 or the K-Lite Codec Pack. WinDVD Platinum 8 trial is available for download here. There is no need to purchase any program after installation. Once the program has expired, the necessary sound files will stay installed. K-Lite Codec Pack can be found here.
- 1 out of 3 video streams failed to render properly: This occurs, when something is either improperly installed, or another program changes the path specified for the codec. You can resolve this by uninstalling all DVD-playing software with the exception of specialized software by your computer manufacturer(i.e. HP, Dell, Toshiba, etc.) and Windows Media Player. If you have Windows Media Player 11, install the K-Lite Codec Pack located here. If you do not have Windows Media Player 11, please follow the steps located under error #3.
Can't initialize DVD player. The DVD player could not locate a DVD decoder on your system. You must install a 3rd party DirectShow-compatible MPEG-2 decoder, either software or hardware-based. Microsoft does not supply an MPEG2 decoder with DirectShow or as an operating system component...: This issue is resolved by installing K-Lite Codec Pack. This can be found here.
- Critical Error – Cannot use VMR9 in the DVD graph:
Check your Hardware Acceleration: Check this by right-clicking onto the desktop, and choosing the "Properties" option. On the Display Properties screen, click the Settings Tab, then click the Advanced Button. Click the Troubleshoot Tab, and make sure that the Hardware Acceleration Slider is next to Full.
Make sure you have DirectX 9.0C or newer: An installer of DirectX9.0C is included with the BrainMaster Software. This is located at C:\brainm.20\extraavi\dxwebsetup.exe. Newer versions of this can also be found at www.microsoft.com.
Update the system fully: If you are still receiving this error, you will have to fully upgrade your system. This will require you to update the Graphics Driver. It is also recommended that you update Adobe Flash Player* and Adobe Shockwave Player*. After you have done this, you will also need to update the DirectX from the previous step. When this is completed, turn off your system, then restart it.
The Graphics Card is incompatible: This error may also be seen if you have an incompatible video card. You may need to install a different video card to enable the DVD player in this worst case scenario. See the list below for a list of proven incompatible video cards.
The following video cards have failed in our laboratory and may be incompatible with the BMR DVD player:
**BMrDVD Player is an optional purchase from BrainMaster Technologies. To purchase, please contact BrainMaster Technologies at 440-232-6000.