DVD player work on Vista without WinDVD or PowerDVD
BrainMaster DVD player updated troubleshooting guide:
We have a solution that does not require changing the DVD player.
Vista: Most new Vista computer’s (Windows Home Premium or better) have the ability to play DVD’s out of the box. Even though your new Vista machine may play DVD’s, you still need to have a compatible DVD decoder (audio and video) to operate the BMRDVD player. Try the BMRdvd player and see how it operates with Vista.
A large percentage of users will find that the video plays fine under Vista but have no sound. If this is the case, installing WinDVDPlatinum8 TRIAL version should solve this problem. The trial is good for 14 days, but even after it expires, your machine should continue to work. The expired trial should leave intact the audio stream, and revert your video stream back to the one you had working originally.
WinDVD Platinum 8 trial is available for download at:
If your Vista computer does not have the ability to play DVD’s at all, you will have to purchase and install either Win DVD 8 platinum or newer or Power DVD 7 deluxe or newer. As of this writing (October 2008) WinDVD is up to version 9 and Power DVD is up to version 8. These versions will be compatible with the BMRDVD player video stream, but may not play the audio. If after installing WinDVD or PowerDVD you still do not have sound, you will then need to install the WinDVD Platinum 8 trial as mentioned above. Even after the trial expires, the audio should continue to work with the BrainMaster DVD player.
Windows XP is the same as above but Windows XP has NO ability to play DVD’s included with the operating system so you will always be dependent upon using a 3rd party decoder. That being said, many computer manufacturers include a 3rd party DVD decoder with their XP computer systems. We have found that in order for the BMR DVD player to work, you should be using Win DVD 8 platinum or better or Power DVD 7 deluxe or better. Again, if you have the video working but no sound, you need to install the WinDVD Platinum 8 trial to fix the audio.
1. Pressing the ‘DVD Player’ button nothing happens = Navigate to c:\brainm.20 and double click the BmrDVD.exe file and see if an error message is produced. You may be missing certain dll files which can either be placed directly in c:\windows\system32 or you may resolve these missing dll’s by installing our full 3.3 installation package.
2. TODO errors… same as above. You should press ‘show details’ from the dialog box that pops up when trying to run the DVD Player and it should indicate which file is missing from c:\windows\system32 which you can manually copy or you can install our full 3.3 installation package.
3. 2 out of 3 video streams failed to render properly… This indicates you do not have a compatible dvd decoder. Please install WinDVD 8 or Power DVD 7 or better. If you install the most recent versions of these programs (WinDVD 9 or Power DVD 8), you may still not have sound with the BMR DVD player. Download and install the WinDVD 8 Platinum Trial if you find that you still have no sound.
4. 1 out of 3 audio streams failed. You should be able to click ‘continue anyways’ and you should get dvd video playback with no audio… Install WinDVD 8 Platinum Trial.
5. Critical Error – Cannot use VMR9 in the DVD graph. This error may occur if you do not have ‘hardware acceleration’ turned on fully in the video card ‘properties’ – ‘troubleshoot’ section under windows, or have Microsoft direct x disabled. This error may also be seen if you have an incompatible video card. You may need to install a different video card to enable the DVD player in this worst case scenario.
The following video cards have failed in our laboratory and may be incompatible with the BMR DVD player:
1. VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP
----------0lder information follows---------------------------------------------
In Windows Vista, you should NOT need to install WinDVD or PowerDVD.
The built-in Vista DVD drivers should be sufficient for using the BrainMaster DVD player.
Note: With Vista, if you do not get the audio stream, a known solution is to install WinDVD 8 Platinum or Power DVD 7 Deluxe.
If you do not have a suitable DVD driver installed, you may see something like "2 out or 3 video streams unable to render". If you have a trial version of Power DVD, you may see "1 out of 3 video streams unable to render".
Note: We do not recommend that users install trial versions of the DVD software as they will stop functioning upon expiration of trial.
WinDVD8 Platinum is no longer distributed by Corel, but they will sell you a license to it if you get a copy. You can download the installer for WinDVD8 Platinum from:
The Power DVD installer can be downloaded from:
The Discovery 24E is a 24-channel EEG and DC amplifier that is an evolution of the technology used in the 2E and 2EA (Atlantis) series of EEG neurofeedback / biofeedback devices. Read More
Online Knowledge Base
Click Here to View our Online Knowledge Base!
Access to online documentation, manuals, questions and answers, and troubleshooting information about BrainMaster EEG/Neurofeedback Systems.
3.4 Software Tutorial
The Complete BrainMaster 3.4 Neurofeedback Software Workshop tutorial by Bill Mrklas
BrainMaster Software Downloads and Updates
Brainmaster makes it easy for you to download your neurofeedback software and updates whenever you need them. Choose your software or update below.
Mythbusters Use BrainMaster
When Mythbusters decided to study “Mind Control” myths first hand, they needed a serious professional quality EEG that was easy to use, dependable, and accurate, and provided instant research-quality results, documentation, and statistics. After consulting with EEG expert Cynthia Kerson of Marin Biofeedback, they…
New Flash Games for BrainMaster neurofeedback software with intuitive, adaptive behavior, engaging graphics, Chromadepth compatible 3-D Displays, and Artificial Intelligence!. View More Graphics